SA INVESTOR EYES MANYUCHI DAM

0
73

Good times are set to roll for the Mwenezi rural community after a South African investor showed keen interest in investing millions of dollars towards transforming environs around Manyuchi dam into a business hub.

The potential investor Lawrence Botha visited the dam on Saturday accompanied by senior government officials led by the Minister of state for provincial affairs Ezra Chadzamira and said he has interest in cattle ranching, farming and the hospitality industries.
Botha was impressed by the vast tracks of land which are lying idle around the dam and said he has the money together with his partners from abroad who are willing to inject capital towards the projects after all the logistical issues has been addressed.
“We want to invest in this area like yesterday we have the money to inject into this project.
“I am impressed by what I saw here and will take my findings to my other partners and later submit our project proposal to government and once all has been met we will kick start the project,” Botha said.
Minister Chadzamira said he was happy that the South African businessman had shown interest in investing in the area as the investment was part of president Emmerson Mnangagwa’s administration of turning the country into an upper middle economy by 2023.
“This tour is a first step towards achieving total transformation of the community of Mwenezi and make our president’s vision a realistic of turning around the economy and it is government’s hope to hear from the investors soon,” Chadzamira said.
Manyuchi dam was built by Tongaat Hullets in partnership with government with the sugarcane milling giants controlling an 80 percent stake while the government controls the remaining 20 percent of water rights.
However, Tongaat Hullets is only utilizing less 30 percent of its stake and hopes are high that the coming on board of the new investor will boost production and will put to good use of the dam’s capacity and its environs.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here